accessible-iOS Re: question about skype

  • From: frank perry <frankperry2011@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 21:48:04 +1000

Hi.

Yep the send button is just above the p.

Also somebody mentioned contacts are in grid form, yep they are and
they are also in grid form on iPad too, again, I've got both iPhone
and iPad and just tested Skype on both devices, no problems
whatsoever.

As I say, some users are reporting problems with answering calls.

Oh yeh thanks for the correction Skype to Skype video calls are free
here in Australia too.

On 29/07/2013, Gordan Radić <razbijaci@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm afraid I totally disagree with this one.
> I have Skype on my iPhone, latest version installed.
> I just reproduced what you said before I started this reply to your
> message.
> There's no problem in sending IMs through Skype chat at all, I just did
> it 3 minutes ago.
> The procedure is quite similar to usual text messages so when you write
> the message just hit Send button right above the letter P on virtual
> keyboard.
>

> S poštovanjem
> Gordan Radić
>
> On 27.7.2013. 23:54, Kane Brolin wrote:
>> On 7/26/13, frank perry<frankperry2011@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>> With voice over Skype is almost fully accessible with the exception
>>> that some users find it hard to answer a call.
>>
>> In general, Frank, I agree with this.  However, in the newest releases
>> of Skype (particularly the version issued on 27 June, 2013), I find it
>> mostly impossible to send an instant message.  I can choose the
>> recipient of such a message or even open a conversation in which
>> he/she has written to me; I also can write in the edit box where my
>> original message or reply will go.  But I usually cannot find or
>> invoke the SEND button with VoiceOver.  This was not true in prior
>> versions of Skype for iPhone.  I have discussed this privately with a
>> couple of persons on this list who were not able to offer any insight.
>>   So if someone can think of a solution that has not occurred to me as
>> yet, be my guest.
>>
>> -Kane
>> list please email the list admin to: beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx, or on skype
>> at betoa221, or on twitter: betoa221

>> accessible-ios-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with unsubscribe in the subject
>> line.

> list please email the list admin to: beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx, or on skype
> at betoa221, or on twitter: betoa221
>
> To subscribe to the list send message to
> accessible-ios-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with subscribe on the subject line.

Stay positive.