[accessible-android] Re: First questions was Re: Re: New member introduction

  • From: Quentin Christensen <quentin.christensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 12:22:22 +1100

I don't know of an easy way, but on my Galaxy Note II, which I *think* is running a similar version of Samsung's touchwiz: - Swipe down to open the notification shade (swipe right then down in one gesture if using Talkback).

- Choose settings from near the top right.
- The second 'tab' is "My device".
- The fifth last option is "Language and Input".
- The first option in "language and input" is language.
- Swipe through the list until you get to the one you want.

Regards

Quentin.

On 30/03/2014 12:44 AM, Angela Delicata wrote:
Hi,
Exactly, it runs that version of Android. .. smile!
I changed language and don't know how to go back to Italian wich is my own language: is there a short way to do that?
Many thanks.
Angela from Italy

Il 29/03/2014 12:15, Quentin Christensen ha scritto:
Hi Angela,

To find out whether Talkback is the latest version, open the Play Store,
go to your menu and choose "My Apps".  Any apps which have updates will
appear at the top of the list.  It's a good idea to double check the
permissions requested and read the what's new section, just as if you
were installing a new app, as apps can suddenly add advertising or
whatever else and sometimes don't even acknowledge it in the What's new
section.  If you haven't yet used Google Play then it's definitely a
good idea to sign in (create a Google account if you don't already have
a Google+ or Gmail account, even if you only use it for your phone) as
you can then download and update apps at least and depending on how long
your phone was sitting on a shelf before you bought it, there might be
updates for numerous apps).

With whether you are running the latest version of the operating system,
if you go into settings (usually open the notification shade and choose
settings, otherwise look for a "settings" app in your app drawer), and
go to "About phone" which is usually the bottom option.  It will tell
you what version you are running and also give you the option of
manually checking if there are any updates.  Normally the phone will
check automatically once a day unless you turn that feature off (you are
only likely to ever get one or two updates over the life of your phone,
and then months apart).

According to the first random site I looked at on the internet, it said
your phone runs Android 4.2.2, which is a reasonable enough version to
be running - 4.3 does fix a couple of bugs but in any case re Talkback,
I found the Talkback tutorial the most helpful, it's built right in - go
to settings then talkback, then into the talkback settings, and go down
until you find "Explore by touch tutorial", it walks you through most of
the features.

Regards

Quentin.

On 29/03/2014 9:58 PM, Angela Delicata wrote:
i'm using talkback; about Android, i think it is the last version.
By the way: how can one verify it?
The phone is a Galaxy trend plus.
Thanks.
Angela from Italy
P.S. If there are some instruction on how to use talkback, I'd like to
have them please.
I found something, but I don't think it is enough.

Il 29/03/2014 11:47, Quentin Christensen ha scritto:
Hi Angela,

Welcome to Android, and to the list!  If you need any help, please let
us know! If you do, if you could say what kind of device you have, how you are accessing it (eg if you are using Talkback, or the magnifier or
anything) and what version of Android (if you know) that information
will often help someone to provide an answer that will work for you.

All the best and enjoy your device!

Regards

Quentin.

On 29/03/2014 9:42 PM, Angela Delicata wrote:
Hi,
My name is Angela and write  from Italy
I've just bought an Android device: so, I'm just learning the basics.
i'm sure I'll find good hints on how to start.
regards.
Angela from Italy
To contact the list admin with questions, issues, or request
concerning the list please email: alberto.a775@xxxxxxxxx or on skype
at betoa221, or on twitter on betoa221

To subscribe to the list send a message with subscribe on the subject
line to: accessible-android-
request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To unsubscribe from the list please send message with unsubscribe in
the subject line to accessible-
android-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To make changes to your list subscription please visit:
//www.freelists.org/list/accessible-
android

---
protection is active.

To contact the list admin with questions, issues, or request concerning
the list please email: alberto.a775@xxxxxxxxx or on skype at betoa221,
or on twitter on betoa221

To subscribe to the list send a message with subscribe on the subject
line to: accessible-android-
request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To unsubscribe from the list please send message with unsubscribe in the