[accesscomp] Re: question

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 23:29:38 -0600

Is that all the dialog says? How did you read it? Did you use the screen-reader command to read the dialog or are you relying on your screen-reader just automatically reading a sentence when the dialog opens. Vista has a feature named UAC, User Account Control that asks you every time you take a potentially harmful action that makes changes to Windows in some way whether you want to do this and I believe the UAC message always says something about administrative priveleges to make a change. If you haven't done so, read the full dialog and see if buttons are present to allow you to continue, cancel, etc. If you don't know about UAC or understand what it does, you need to learn about it because it is an integral part of security in Vista.

If you already know about UAC and have seen that dialog before and this one is different, let the list know. If you need information about UAC, those on the list who use Vista may be able to provide better information than I can. If not enough people on the list use UAC to give you good information, it can be gotten from the JAWS training material and is just as relevant and applicable whether you use JAWS or not. this is a Windows feature with Windows commands, not screen-reader commands, for working with it. Everything in the JAWS training material describing how to work with UAC applies just as much regardless of what screen-reader you use.

Gene
----- Original Message ----- From: "arlene" <nedster6@xxxxxxxxx>