[accesscomp] Re: opening links from an email

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 11:48:22 -0500

If your screen-reader announces links as links, it appears you are already
reading mail as html.  But does your screen-reader say the word link and
then read the link as in a browser or does it just read the link such as
http://www.microsoft.com.  Before going further, if you just hear the link
read and no link announcement, then the problem is that you are reading
mail as plain text.  I won't go into how to read all mail as html in this
message.  I'll tell you that you have the option to read the currently
opened message  as html and others as plain text.  If you are in a message
and want to read it as html, issue the command alt shift h.  That is, hold
alt and shift and press h while doing so.  The currently opened message
will be read as html.  When you close it, messages will again be read as
text.

There may be other causes for the problem you are reporting but see if the
alt shift h command solves the problem.  It's the easiest solution and
will test what the cause is.

Gene