[accesscomp] Victor Stream Update Warning

  • From: "Reginald George" <adapt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <nutkc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 20:42:43 -0600

I would advise everyone to consider carefully before loading the latest Stream
firmware.  See note below from a friend who confirms my experience.  I have
updated, and I’m very unhappy.  The release note says that the tone parameter
has been changed to that of the Stratus.  Well, apparently tone is now pitch,
and there’s no longer a way to adjust bass or treble  on  talking books.  If
you have the same experience as the person below, just press your power button
twice to get to tone, and adjust it to flat to get your pitch back.  I am very
disappointed though, that they would do this to us without warning, and I’m not
sure there is any  way to revert to the old  firmware.  I will be writing
Humanware and calling to express my disappointment and frustration tomorrow.
They substituted one function for another, and didn’t even tell us!  This is
really very upsetting to me.

Reg