[accesscomp] Fw: BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Wednesday, February 22

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 07:38:09 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Blind Bargains Daily Deals
To: Daily Deals
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:36 AM
Subject: BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Wednesday, February 22

BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Wednesday, February 22

It's time to recap the latest deals and news posted to Blind Bargains. Feel
free to forward this message to your friends.

Got a suggestion, comment, or bargain request? Email bargains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In this issue:

  a.. 1. Ask the Readers: What Would You Pay for a Truly Accessible Phone-based
GPS System
  b.. 2. #csun12: Sendero Group Announces Development on Accessible GPS iPhone
App
  c.. 3. Today's ClassifiedsPac Mate Omni QX420 $750
  Wanted: Sharp EL-640 talking calculator/calendar/clock

  d.. 4. Most Popular Recent DealsDo you ever feel like your sleep patterns are
different than the rest of the world?  Do you sometimes feel the unwanted urge
or need to fall asleep during the day time when you need to be awake?  Do you
also find that you feel just too wide awake to fall or stay asleep during the
night time?  If you are blind, this could be due to a real sleep problem
related to the lack of light needed to keep your body's internal clock in sync
with the day and night cycle.  If you or someone you know might be affected,
please call 1-888-389-7033 or email info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to learn about an
ongoing clinical research study that is evaluating a new investigational
treatment for this type of sleep problem. When calling or online at
www.non24registry.com you can also complete a short sleep survey. For each
completed survey, $25 will be donated to an organization that supports
individuals with blindness. You may be eligible to participate in the clinical
trial if you are between 18 and 75 years of age and are totally blind.
Volunteers will be compensated for their participation in the clinical study
and will receive study related medication, medical evaluations, and
transportation at no cost.
  1. Ask the Readers: What Would You Pay for a Truly Accessible Phone-based GPS
System
  Sendero just announced plans to bring a full-featured GPS package to the
iPhone. Instead of creating software which mainly runs on a specialized device,
users of a mainstream phone and operating system will potentially gain the
opportunity to use many of the same GPS features found on Sendero's other
products. So we ask you, what would you pay for a full-featured GPS system for
your phone, whether it be iOS or Android-based? Or, would you not purchase an
accessible GPS system at all. What features absolutely must be included in the
GPS system you choose to adopt? To help put this discussion in context, let us
know if you've ever used or purchased an accessible GPS system before and which
one it was. Sound off in the comments.

  2. #csun12: Sendero Group Announces Development on Accessible GPS iPhone App
  Sendero Group has announced that they are in the beginning stages of creating
a fully accessible turn-by-turn GPS iPhone application. The company is looking
for individuals of various GPS iPhone applications to attend one of two design
meetings at the CSUN conference in March. If you are attending the conference,
fill out the form to be considered.

  3. Today's Classifieds
  Here are the latest classifieds posted to Blind Bargains. You can submit your
own ad to thousands of potential users for only $5.

  Pac Mate Omni QX420 $750

  I have a pac Mate Omni QX420 for sale. It has a QWERTY keyboard, 20 cell
detachable Braille display and is in perfect working condition. The Pac Mate
and Braille display have been lightly used for about 5 years and have no known
defects. The Pac Mate comes with the original box,Cables, charger, CD and
documentation, case and shoulder strap. I will also throw in 2 Executive
Products leather cases (1 each for use with and without the Braille display), 2
compact flash cards, a compact flash bluetooth card and an extra charger. I am
asking $750 but will consider reasonable offers. I will pay to ship in the U.S.
Paypal preferred for payment. No installment payments please. For more
information, please send email to atfarnum@xxxxxxxxxx Thanks.
  Contact: atfarnum@xxxxxxxxx, Twitter @audreysaudities

  Wanted: Sharp EL-640 talking calculator/calendar/clock

  I am looking to buy a Sharp EL-640 talking calendar/calculator/clock. This
item was produced during the 1980's. Needs to be in good working condition.
  Contact: Email ratguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or Twitter jaybird110127
  These ads were submitted by users and Blind Bargains is not responsible for
their content.
  4. Most Popular Recent Deals
  Here are the top five posts to Blind Bargains as of the time of this
newsletter.

  Buffalo Nfiniti Wireless-N Router for $29.99 shipped
  #csun12: Sendero Group Announces Development on Accessible GPS iPhone App
  Softsoap Liquid Hand Soap 7.5 Oz 6-Pack for $5.59 shipped
  Logitech Wireless Combo Mouse and Keyboard for $17.77 Shipped
  SentrySafe .61 Cubic Foot Fireproof Security File for $33.97 Shipped

  If you received this message from someone else and want to subscribe
yourself, visit This link to sign up.

  We respect your privacy. To unsubscribe, use the link below. or Email
dailydeals-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Send by A T Guys, LLC, 514 Wheaton
Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49008.