[accesscomp] Fw: Dan's tip for February 11 2013, (Browsing the Web with a Browser )

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 10:22:38 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: dan
To: dan
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2013 5:17 AM
Subject: Dan's tip for February 11 2013, (Browsing the Web with a Browser )

Browsing the Web with a Browser

Document Source:  180 Tech Tips

http://www.180techtips.com/84.htm

Web browsers are programs that are used to view the internet.  The most popular
web browsing program had been Microsoft's Internet Explorer.  Chances are
rather high that if you are work you are viewing this webpage through Internet
Explorer right now. There are other web browsers out there and they are usually
free to download.  At home you might be using another browser like Firefox,
Chrome or Safari. Here are some statistics on the most popular web browsers:

A more extensive list of statistics at the link below.  Here I am showing from
June 2012 through January 2013.  There are six columns and eleven rows.  Across
the top are the names of the specific browsers.  Down the side are the munth's.
 Tab across and below will show the percentage of usage during that month.  You
can also visit the link shown next to see a screen shot of usage percent.

Browser Statistics and Trends

Statistics are important information.

From the statistics below (collected from W3Schools' log-files over a period of
ten years), you can read the long term trends of browser usage.

We see that Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer are the most popular
browsers today.

Browser Statistics

      2013
     Internet Explorer
     Firefox
     Chrome
     Safari
     Opera

      January
     14.3 %
     30.2 %
     48.4 %
     4.2 %
     1.9 %

      2012
     Internet Explorer
     Firefox
     Chrome
     Safari
     Opera

      December
     14.7 %
     31.1 %
     46.9 %
     4.2 %
     2.1 %

      November
     15.1 %
     31.2 %
     46.3 %
     4.4 %
     2.0 %

      October
     16.1 %
     31.8 %
     44.9 %
     4.3 %
     2.0 %

      September
     16.4 %
     32.2 %
     44.1 %
     4.2 %
     2.1 %

      August
     16.2 %
     32.8 %
     43.7 %
     4.0 %
     2.2 %

      July
     16.3 %
     33.7 %
     42.9 %
     3.9 %
     2.1 %

      June
     16.7 %
     34.4 %
     41.7 %
     4.1 %
     2.2 %

Internet Explorer:
This had been the most common web browser.  Just in case you're curious here's
a link to more information about Internet Explorer:

  http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx

Firefox:
It is said to have better security than internet explorer.  Currently it's the
second most popular browser in the world.  Here is a link to the free download
for more information:  http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Opera:
This one is supposed to be popular in Europe.  Here's a link to their free
download in case you'd like to try it at home:

  http://www.opera.com/

Safari:
This is the official browser from Apple and it is available as a free download
here:  http://www.apple.com/safari/

Netscape:
This was the first really big web browser.  It has since declined and is no
longer available.  You can read about it here:

  http://browser.netscape.com/

From Google this free browser is quickly becoming a popular choice for it's
ease of use and speed.
http://www.google.com/chrome

Send messages to dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx

Morning Prayer

God, let my thoughts be yours, my words be yours, and may I be a blessing to
someone today.

Frog:  Forever rely on God.