[accesscomp] Re: Fw: BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Tuesday, April 12

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 10:40:46 -0400 (EDT)

On the RFB&D name change,

my first reaction yesterday, when I first saw it, and remains so today is
that this is an organization that just shot itself in the foot.
Name recognition, in the fundraising game, is worth a lot; and throwing
away a name which included Recording for the Blind for decades will result
in less contributions.  Some will think that the organization went away or
went under; others will say "what is that".

I hope it works for them, but it hardly makes sense from my corner.

Prayer is not so much about getting what we want, but discovering what God
wants for us.

Bryant Wright
Right From the Heart: Spreading Christ through radio, tv, and the web
http://www.rightfromtheheart.org/