[access-uk] Re: what is accessible? was Re: Accessible Podcaster

  • From: "Jillian Grant" <jillian.grant1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 21:42:21 +0100

I'm quite confident about using Jaws.  Not sure whether I can call myself
advanced or not.  What i'm not so confident about doing is knowing whether
software that I download may in fact upset my computer.  See I heard a lot
of stories about AOL software. People were saying that it didn't work with
Jaws, but when they took it off their computers, they didn't work properly
afterwards.  I certainly don't know how to repair any damage that might be
caused by something like this, and I don't have any contacts for people who
can fix machines either.  This one is second hand, which is why it's so out
of date and junk really.  I couldn't and still can't afford to buy a new
one, and getting this one fixed is pricey.  so I worry every single time
something goes wrong.  This may change in the future, but till now I have to
take care of what I've got.  Having said all that, i will try things out
when I can, though I don't keep up to date really with what's out there
technology wise.  Firstly 'cos I know I won't be able to afford much of it,
and I've never been pointed in the direction for doing so.  At least here
though I can ask what is accessible and what isn't, and find the wealth of
knowledge and experience on the technology front mind blowing and staggering
indeed.