[access-uk] Re: web page error message

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 16:45:24 +0100

Hi Gordon,

Plenty of stuff on Google.  Here's one of the simpler to
understand.

George.

Resolving 504 errors - general
This problem is entirely due to slow IP communication
between back-end computers, possibly including your Web
server. Only the people who set up the network at the site
which hosts the Web server can fix this problem.
=20

how=20
> to rectify it? =20
>=20
> I get this each time I try and open:
> http://www.bookcourier.com
>=20
> 504 Gateway TimeoutGateway Timeout
> The following error occurred:
> [code=3DGATEWAY_TIMEOUT] A gateway timeout occurred. The
server=20
> is unreachable.=20
> Retry the request.=20
>=20
>=20
> Please contact the administrator.=20
>=20
> cheers!
> Gordon
> From Glorious Devon, England.
> email: gordon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>=20
> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, send a
message, to
>=20

=0AThis Message has been scanned for viruses by McAfee Groupshield.