[access-uk] Re: WEB DESIGN HELP

  • From: Léonie Watson <lw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 17:00:30 +0100

Richard,

    Finding a tutorial that suits you is a personal thing. I prefer to use
the W3C Schools:-
http://www.w3schools.com/default.asp

    There are links to tutorials covering all the major Internet languages,
including HTML.

    HTML can be as complicated as you care to make it. Getting started is
very straightforward and you can put together a simple web page reasonably
easily. As you go along, you'll come up with design ideas and will need to
learn more code in order to put them into practice, but again it's a
learning curve of your own making and the satisfaction of creating your
first pages will be great!

    To answer your second question, I wouldn't say that flow-charting or
organisational diagrams were particularly necessary for building a web site.
Like any project some organisation is a good thing, so they certainly won't
hurt and so it's a good skill to learn. But building a web site needn't be a
complex structure of interrelating pages, it can be as simple and
straightforward as you'd like to make it.

    There is a useful list of visually impaired web designers:
blindwebbers-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx where you'll be able to ask questions
from a whole bunch of developers, each of whom use different software,
different methods and have different skill levels.

HTH,
Tink.