[access-uk] urgent exernal hard drive help need

  • From: Tassie da hiphop kid <tassie@xxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 00:50:14 +0000

Hey y'all.

I have a 2 tb fat32 hard drive which i regularly use between a windows 7 and xp computer with out issue. Now suddenly i plugged it into my windows 7 laptop and get the message "you must format the disk before you can use it." I tried it in the xp computer and it didn't see the drive. The only thing i can think has caused it is my niece pulling the usb cable out mid way through a song. Now here's my real problem... What can i do to fix this. If i format the disk i'll lose 2 tb of photos, music and programs - quite a lot are irretrievable such as videos of my late father. Also the drive will become ntfs which i do not want as then it will not work on my braillenote however i can't access the contents of the drive at present. I know that the hard drive isn't damaged so it has something to do with a corrupt communication file.

Can anyone help me out?

Louise.