[access-uk] Re: to andy re computer

  • From: "Andy" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 20:47:10 -0000

Hi John.

Yes, that's right. The engineer should have brought this to my attention. He has done a lot of work for me in the past and we are quite friendly, so perhaps he thought that I was aware of this fact?

I have written to the seller demanding he pay for a legal copy of Microsoft XP Home or I'm going to take this matter up with the authorities. So hopefully, he will get back to me and offer me the cost of the OS. Not sure how much I'd have to pay for this though. Microsoft are wanting £99.00. I'm sure I could buy a copy of XP Professional from PC World for a lot less than that?

Of course, the seller could simply ignore my message and I'd then have to carry through my threat, which could be protracted and time consuming.

It's a shame you know. I love the Re-cycle list and have bought many items from other members. This sort of thing ruins that trust thing.

Thanks for your advice.

Andy.

----- Original Message ----- From: "john coley" <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>