[access-uk] the uk rail app for the i-phone

  • From: John Gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 12:55:30 +0100

Hi all,
We hear so much about lack of access for us but I installed the uk rail app on my i-phone and could not really use it.
I put out a message on the viphone list and a company got in touch.
Dave Addey from the company said that they would like to make this app more accessible for blind people.
I now have the updated app hear and it is truly amazing.
you can set your home station and see all the trains leaving and arriving.
You can set a route say from Leeds to Windermere and see the platform the train goes from and you can see where to change trains.
When you do a search for trains you can scroll down the list of stations.
this is truly brilliant.
cheers.