[access-uk] Re: the tviix antenna

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 11:30:18 +0000

Hi.

There's a very interesting thread over on digital spy about this. It works better if you're in america because they have a lot more channels that are free to air. In the UK, you'll just end up getting your standard freeview channels. It's basically just like you're external antenna from what I can see from the comments, and doesn't seem to offer anything extra.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2298619/has-anybody-bought-the-skylink-antennae-does-it-work-as-it-says#latest

Very best wishes,

Mo.

On 15/01/2019 11:27, Mobeen Iqbal wrote:

Hi.

There's a very interesting thread over on digital spy about this. It works better if you're in america because they have a lot more channels that are free to air. In the UK, you'll just end up getting your standard freeview channels. It's basically just like you're external antenna from what I can see from the comments, and doesn't seem to offer anything extra.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2298619/has-anybody-bought-the-skylink-antennae-does-it-work-as-it-says#latest

Very best wishes,

Mo.

On 15/01/2019 11:13, Alan Shannon (Redacted sender alan.shannon2 for DMARC) wrote:
Hi John. I read on the Internet about it being on dragons den. So I thought I would take the plunge and try it. Hopefully in the next few days I will give it a go and see what happens. Cheers. Alan.

Sent from my iPhone

On 15 Jan 2019, at 11:09, Alan Shannon (Redacted sender "alan.shannon2" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hi Jo. I paid around £39 with shipping. As I said in my last post. I have it but not had time yet to set it up and see how it works. Cheers. Alan.

Sent from my iPhone

On 15 Jan 2019, at 10:58, Jo (Redacted sender "jobennett39" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

They were talking about the new fix TV thing on the radio this morning.  Apparently it only works if you are within 30 miles of a receiver and how you would find that out I don’t know.  They were saying it was on Dragons Den. First of all they said it cost about £40 and then they changed their mind and said it was about £75. I’d be interested to know more.

Jo