[access-uk] Re: talking microwave

  • From: Christopher Maule-Oatway <c.maule@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 09:43:36 +0100

Carol, the cost of replacing the chip was about as much as I was prepared to pay - on the expensive side, but definitely worth it for the convenience of keeping the speech. However, if the microwave looses its speech again, I would probably not get it fixed a second time.

Christopher

At 08:09 09/09/05 +0100, you wrote:

I was interested that you got your speech chip replaced.  Ours too went
after about 18 months and we've done without it since then (having
Braille on the keys if we need it).  Was this worth it in terms of cost,
can you remember?

-- Carol carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx