[access-uk] Re: subscribing to podcasts difficulty

  • From: "Vince Thacker" <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 22:49:34 +0100

Andy, some of these sites are needlessly complicated, it seems to me. It seems to be the devil's own job finding the small piece of info you want, and that is the address of the feed. In the case of BlindCoolTech, just copy this shortcut

http://feeds.feedburner.com/blindcooltech

Now in Accessible Podcatcher you choose the Podcast menu (Alt-C) and choose Add Podcast. A dialogue box appears. Type in BlindCoolTech for the name and press Enter. Then it asks you for the feed. Press Ctrl-V to paste the address into the field and press Enter. Job done.

Don't get too hung up with the word "subscribe" - all it seems to mean is that your subscribed podcasts will all update when you start the podcatcher - and if you choose a particular podcast you will get the updated episodes anyway without bothering with the subscribe command.

The Accessible Podcatcher does work fine, but don't expect all the elaborate features of something like Juice.

By the way, if you want a source of podcast feeds on blind topics and other things, with the feeds clearly marked up, try my "blind Podcasts and Online Audio" page at this address....

http://www.geocities.com/vip_uc/blindpodcasts.html

Sorry if you get a load of rubbish at the start of the page - it's a problem on any Geocities page that you get an advertising blurb in a separate frame.

Vince.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>