[access-uk] Re: startup

  • From: "john coley" <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 00:27:32 +0100

Hi Shea, you can check what programs are starting with windows and stop those
you don't want to by running the system configuration and going to the start up
page. To do this go to start, then run. In the run box type msconfig and press
enter. The system configuration window will open. Back tab onto the tabs and
cursor across to the startup tab and tab to get onto the page. All the programs
starting with windows will be listed. Each has a check mark. Uncheck those you
don't want to start with windows. Then tab down to ok. Windows will then prompt
you to reboot.
  When you reboot windows will pop up a message to say you're running in
selective startup mode. Use your Jaws cursor to find the "don't show this
message or run the system configuration utility" check box and check it and
press ok. That's it.
  Unfortunately that's the only way as far as I know of doing it.
                    John.