[access-uk] Re: seeing my messages that have been sent to newsgroups

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 18:01:30 -0000

Thanks for the correction, Chris.  In fact just as this message came in I found
a copy of one
sent to the list in 2007. It reads as follows-

"Hi, there is a feature in Googlemail called Recent Mode whereby it allows
you to receive your own messages, as well as messages you've sent to the
list. It's simple to enable: Just change the account name to
"recent:username", without quotes, where username is the actual username.
Hope that helps.
Chris Hallsworth"

I don't think that I actually tried it, but seeing the identity of the sender
gives me confidence in
its accuracy!

Douglas

--