[access-uk] Encrypting and passwording files

  • From: "Peter Bentley" <bentleypdlists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 17:41:51 -0000

Can anybody suggest an accessible program for passwording files to prevent
access where sensitive or personal details are recorded. I am aware of the
facility within word  but I am looking for an option where file access is not
limited to this program.

Reference has been made to encryption on this list. What would be the
difference between encrypting and passwording a file and in reference to
preventing access what would be the advantages or disadvantages of one  as
opposed to the other

Thanks for any help.

Peter Bentley.