[access-uk] Re: recording an audio described program on to DVd

  • From: "Adrian Higginbotham" <adrian.higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 10:00:07 -0000

Hi Yusuf - I haven't tried it myself yet although I am intending to very
soon as there's an AD program I need to record for someone else later
this week.

I'm guessing it is something to do with the set-up particularly with the
recorder. Particularly for a vhs vcr I should think that in the same way
that you need to tune the recorder in to receive tv channels when you
first install it you may need to tune one channel on the recorder to be
dedicated to the output from the netgem.  I don't use a dvd recorder so
not sure how that works. You could try calling netgem and asking them
the same question they're generally pretty helpful and knowledgeable
even about the AD stuff.

Adrian Higginbotham
Accessibility and inclusion adviser
British Educational Communications and Technology Agency - BECTA
Tel: Direct dial 024 7679 7333 - Internal extension #2287
Email: Adrian.Higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.becta.org.uk/
BECTA, Millburn Hill Road, Science Park, Coventry, CV4 7JJ