[access-uk] Re: re bbc downloads

  • From: Chris Miles <grrenfly@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 15:50:02 +0100

Hi Brian,

I had some problems when listening to BBC programmes.

Apparently you get a better listening performance if you use either IE or Firefox for your web browser and they also say that you need to use either JAWS or NVDA as your screen reader. I do not know how Window Eyes works but I use NVDA as my default screen reader.

I also use the BBC accessible Iplayer from WEBBIE to listen to BBC programmes and have also used the Radio downloaded with some success especially with using subscriptions.

This is what I do:-

Using Firefox 13.1 and BBC accessible TV Iplayer
1. Open BBC accessible TV Iplayer
2. Choose a category - say audio describe
3. Tab to list of programmes in that category
4. Choose programme and press enter
5. You will then be redirected to Firefox and the BBC web page will open
6. Then move down to you see video player - under this is a main landmark - embeded object - press enter
7. Tab to play and press enter.
Your programme will now start.

Hope this may be of help?
On 14/07/2012 11:18, brian parker wrote:
Hi list, the bbc has associated its sites with jaws, and another screen reader, which i think is called i b a. i haven't got either of these. i use window eyes. does anyone know how to download a programme from bbc 7. now, it always asks for java script, which i haven't got. if anyone can help please do. don't however ask me to get jaws. i have always used wineyes, and at the age of 79, i can't learn to use another system, which cost several hundred pounds, just to download bbc programmes i have missed. until lately, i never had any trouble. brian.

Regards

Chris Miles