[access-uk] online banking

  • From: "Octon2002" <octon2002@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 13:01:58 +0100

Hi,

As someone who has done a fair bit of online banking, and have various
accounts online, I may be able to contribute something.  Unfortunately,
though, I have no direct experience of Halifax systems, although I have
looked at their website.

One problem of online banking is that you simply don't know how accessible a
system is going to be until you sign up.  Online demos are often
non-starters, as they are often written in Flash.

On the positive side, modern online banking systems are, in my experience,
usually fairly accessible, because in the systems themselves the companies
want to keep it simple.

Some companies seem to have more emphasis on accessibility than others, but
now with the DDA, they really have to do more than pay lip-service.

In conclusion, I really don't know where Halifax stand in all this, but they
would probably not be my first choice.  For one thing, at the last count,
their manuals were all in PDF.

Regards,

Norman