[access-uk] Re: one pc, two systems

  • From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:43:37 +0100

Hello Jim

Yes, you can do this.  I'd recommend most obviuosly set up 2 parttions on
your hard drive, the smaller of which should be the Windows 98 one (I'd
suggest you install this first onto drive C).  Once you have Windows 98 up
and going boot from the Windows XP CD and you should get the option to
install onto the other partition.  At the end of this you will have both on
the PC, Windows XP will be the default option on the boot menu however this
is something you can change if you prefer Windows 98 to be the default.

One thing to bear in mind though when installing the XP side if you set up
your Windows XP with NTFS file system you will not be able to access any of
the contents of that drive from within Windows 98, so that might be food for
though if you require interoperability between the two partitions.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support