[access-uk] Re: nvda keystrokes

  • From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 13:54:11 +0200 (CEST)

Joe, There are 2 ways of changing the NVDA speech rate, keyboard shortcuts or
menus.

The keyboard shortcut method goes like this.

Hold down the Insert and Control keys, then press Down Arrow until you reach
the desired speed. Up arrow increases the speed. Either way, NVDA should
announce the new speech rate.

Using the menus
- Insert key and N (N for November, that is) gets you the NVDA menu
- P for Preferences
- V for Voice Settings
- Alt key + R for Voice Rate.
- increase or decrease speed by pressing Right or Left Arrow.

Either way, save your new configuration. Press Insert and N for the NVDA menu,
then S for Save.

There's a useful page of NVDA keystrokes here:-

http://webaim.org/resources/shortcuts/nvda

Vince.

Message Received: Oct 19 2013, 11:16 AM
From: "Joe Hunter"
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] nvda keystrokes

Hi all I have successfully installed nvda on my system but because the
speachh is a little too quick I could not understand any instrukctions so
please what keystrokes do I have to press to change the speed or open
somekind of panel. Thanks Joe