[access-uk] Re: nvda keystrokes

  • From: Gordon Atkinson <g.atkinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 11:53:33 +0100

Hello, Joe,

To get at the speech settings quickly, use the following keystrokes.

Increment current synth setting
PC Keyboard: NVDA+control+upArrow
Laptop Keyboard: NVDA+shift+control+upArrow
increases the current speech setting you are on. E.g. increases the rate, chooses the next voice, increases the volume

Decrement current synth setting
PC Keyboard: NVDA+control+downArrow
Laptop Keyboard: NVDA+shift+control+downArrow
decreases the current speech setting you are on. E.g. decreases the rate, chooses the previous voice, decreases the volume

Use left and right arrow keys to step between speech rate, volume etc.

You can bring up the full NVDA menu by pressing NVDA key plus N.

Gordon Atkinson

On 19/10/2013 11:15 AM, Joe Hunter wrote:
Hi all I have successfully installed nvda on my system but because the
speachh is a little too quick I could not understand any instrukctions so
please what keystrokes do I have to press to change the speed or open
somekind  of panel.  Thanks Joe