[access-uk] Re: norton ghost

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 22:52:59 +0100

Hi,

Do you reinstall XP and then do a restore from the ntbackup file using
the copy of backup that gets installed in Windows?  I backup the server
here nightly onto a backup array which has a weekly cycle, and on the
occasion I needed to restore this is what I did.  I tried some of the
more professional backups, but this one works a treat.

The other thing I do is to use rsync to backup files I use on a regular
basis which I don't include on the ntbackup, these actually go on the
other server, and include such things as profiles, my documents
directories and the MP3 file store.  The rsync program isn't very good
at keeping rotating backups, but it is grate for running every 15
minutes on the system, and if you loose a file, you can restore it very
easily.

Andrew.