[access-uk] Re: mp3 players/recorders

  • From: Joe Paton <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 18:27:44 +0100

Hi Steve,

You are quite correct. A brain storm from me there. I had considered using a Mic to line pre-amp, I just haven't located a good one at an afordable price. The last pre-amp I looked at was about 130 dollars and because it is marketed by an american company with no u k representation, and if it didn't suit, i'd be stuck with it. I talked to H H B but they no longer supply these pre-amps, well at least last year that was true, haven't checked with them lately. Must do that. Which pre-amp do you use? The PTR1 is a little bulky though, and it's battery life is not the longest and I don't know of a separate charging unit for those batteries do you? I would still like something smaller, and more efficient on power.

Your thoughts welcome.

Joe Paton