[access-uk] Re: jfw and flash sites

  • From: Léonie Watson <tink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 22:49:13 +0100

Terry,

    What you're finding is that Flash is not always accessible. If you're
lucky enough to have found one of the few sites where the designers have
taken the time to ensure that their Flash is accessible, then Jaws v4.5+
will cope admirably well.

    If you hear lots of things announced as "button", then it's a fairly
safe bet that it's some inaccessible Flash. Sadly, there isn't a great deal
you can do, except contact the site owner and explain the problem,
mentioning the fact that it is perfectly possible to create screen reader
friendly Flash.

Regards,
Tink.

  _____