[access-uk] jaws scripts for easy reader version 2

  • From: "Brian Hartgen" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 18:31:26 +0100

Hi
I have created scripts for jaws 6.10 and easy reader version 2.0.  Other
versions of jaws can be supported probably back to the dark ages of jaws 3.0
if we wanted to go that far.
I bought this product recently as I hear books all the time when I am away
from home, so as with many of my projects in the past the features in the
scripts get out of the program what I wanted, and if they can benefit anyone
else, so be it.
Apart from obviously making the program easy to use with jaws, some of the
other features included are:
1. the ability to report the current position in the audio playback, the
total length of a book and the time still remaining to be played, all
reported in hours, minutes and seconds.
2. What I call modified navigation. When activated, pressing control+O takes
you to a list of drives on your PC or external media sources rather than the
default location.
3. The ability to delete all bookmarks in a book with one keystroke.
4. The ability to focus upon the HTML content in a text and/or audio daisy
produced book, and obviously the ability to switch back again to the
standard view.  This would have been really helpful in the national library
daisy book project some of you may have taken part in.

There's lots of other things as well, and if anyone wants the scripts,
please just drop me an e-mail.

Brian Hartgen