[access-uk] iphone - mannually subscribing to podcasts and TV listings apps

  • From: Mohammed Adeel <licenced2chill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 21:19:35 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

Are there any free apps on the Itunes app store that allow you to manually
subscribe to podcasts by entering a URL? Apple have their own Podcasts app but
that only allows you to browse and subscribe to apps already in their
directory. The TuneIn Radio app has its own directory of podcasts and it has an
option to allow you to enter a URL but I've not worked out what format the URL
is supposed to be in  or if it is possible to manually subscribe  to a podcast
or if it is for radio streams only.

Also, I am looking for an accessible TV listings app that I can use to browse
what's coming up and set reminders to let me know when a show is about to come
on.

Finally, does anyone know how to exit out of a program you've started listening
to in the BBC iPlayer app? The scrub gesture doesn't work and there's no way to

Thanks,