[access-uk] Re: have BTinternet account holders had problems logging in to there e-mail today?

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 15:54:09 +0000

Alexander, open the tools menu in Outlook Express, and press enter on accounts. The accounts dialogue box appears. Select the account, press alt p to open its properties, control tab to the servers page, and check that "remember username and password" is checked. It's the check box after the password edit field. If it's not checked, press space to check it. After that, press enter to save your changes, then press enter to close the accounts dialogue box. Sorry if it's too vague, but I now use Eudora full time for my e-mails, and of course configuring accounts is totally different than it is using Outlook Express, but hope that helps.

At 15:19 02/11/2007, you wrote:
Hi Chris,

I am not sure if my OE is set to remember my user name and password, How can I check this please? As to the number of accounts, there is only my one account on this computer, however, my wife's account is a sub account of my own on the BT broadband set-up, but as my wife does not log in as much as I do, I think it may be worth checking if my Outlook Express is set to remember my User Name and Password.

Thank you for your reply.

Alexander Shannon

Chris Hallsworth
BrailleNote mPower User