[access-uk] getting harry potter at the same time as everyone else

  • From: "yusuf" <hansel.osman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 13:21:56 +0100

Hi all, I hope that the moderators won't mind a message that is off topic
given that we spent quite a long time talking about Harry Potter when it
came out last year and the fact that an accessible version was not made
available at the same time as the print copy.

Given that the next book in the Harry Potter series will be coming out in a
couple of months I want to make bloomsbury (the publishers) aware that there
are many visually impaired Harry Potter fans out here and that we want an
accessible version of the book at the same time as everyone else gets it.

So my plan is to get every visually impaired Potter fan to write to
bloomsbury and continue writing till we get a satisfactory responce. I will
not be satisfied with anything less than Braille, Large Print and audio
versions being made available at the same time as the printed version.

The bloomsbury email address is:

csm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I know that we quite often complain about lack of accessability, well heres
a chance to do something about it. The book isn't due out for a while so we
really have an opportunity to make our points forcefully and ensure that we
get our copies at the same time as everyone else.

According to the DRC, because bloomsbury cell books they are providing a
service and are therefore covered. If they only published books (they would
be considered a manufacturer) and would therefore not be covered.

Yusuf Osman. Owner of the trekker email list. To subscribe send a blank
email to

trekker-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

** vacation ## d