[access-uk] dvd drive not reading dvds

  • From: "jim mcauslan" <jim.mcauslan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 15:26:20 -0000

Hi List,

I have a digital work station, or music pc, which has a dvd r/w drive. Untill now, I've only installed software that comes on standard cds. However, today, with sighted help, I tried to install a drum library called superior drummer but it wouldn't read the disks. I tried a standard movie dvd in the same drive and the same thing happened. I then connected an external dvd r/w to my work station and, hey presto the same thing happened. I then re-connected my external dvd r/w to my netbook and the superior drummer dvd sprang into life and wanted to be installed. My sighted help, my bro attempted to see if there was a problem by looking at various menus and folders, but it seems that when a dvd is inserted it changes its status and tells us that it's a cd drive.
We're totally fogged.,
Any thoughts?
The work station is just about 5 or six months old so is still in warranty.

Jim McAuslan from sunny Findhorn
jim.mcauslan@xxxxxxx
minds are like parachutes
work best when open