[access-uk] Re: downloading bt bills using ie9

  • From: Jonathan <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 16:57:02 +0000

Hi David,

When you say "the system" hangs, do you mean IE or Jaws or the whole
system? Given that you say cancel works, I'm guessing it's not that
last bit!

Have you tried starting IE without any addons, or running the 64 bit version?

If you go to the start menu and start typing "internet", on my menu at
least, the top 3 options are:
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer 64 bit
Internet Explorer No addons.

Finally, you don't need to "switch" browsers to use Firefox from time to time.
I've got 5 browsers! Chrome for everyday use, IE for banking, Firefox
for all the web development tools, Safari for testing sites I make and
Opera for reading webpages without all the clutter!