[access-uk] Re: that new kindle

  • From: "Kevin" <drewdog2060@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 17:13:18 -0000

Apologies but I have come to the discussion today (I've just rejoined the list so have not seen the previous posts on this topic). Do Amazon no longer sell the Kindle with the Text to Speech then? I received mine, as a Christmas present in 2010 and have found the Text to Speech feature great. Are Amazon no longer offering this? I also have the accessible Kindle for PC but it isn't as user-friendly (or portable) as that on the Kindle.

Kevin

-----Original Message----- From: william lomas
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2011 4:38 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: that new kindle

i using the pc one now so all is good, :)
it works quite well the voices they use are real speak i think

On Dec 31, 2011, at 3:35 PM, Iain Lackie wrote:

I think you mean do Amazon have an obligation rather than a right. Amazon will say visually impaired people are supported as the Kindle Keyboard can still be bought and the Accessible Kindle for PC can be downloaded free.

Iain

-----Original Message----- From: william lomas
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2011 2:24 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] that new kindle

hi all, don't amazon have a right to support all people with disabilities with a kindle? surely their are laws meaning everyone should have the right to read their books on a kindle, be that with an iphone app or the new touch product? disgusting really how we are the blind consumer are yet again left behind, can't nothing be done about this?