[access-uk] Re: difficulty removing Macafee

  • From: "Peter Logue" <plsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 10:49:16 -0000

Add remove pro is a neat little free utility. Its great for those who like
to skip to programs using first letter location. I.e. Z for zoomtext. Its
screen reader friendly. Add Remove pro offers more information regarding the
program you want to remove, and probably does a better job than Microsoft
Add Remove. Here's what the producer says about his Add Remove Pro.
    Maybe no one is like me, but you should see my Windows Add/Remove
Programs list.  It is full of
broken links.  The only way to remove them is to open up the Registry and
try to figure out where the
Uninstall entries are.  I'm too lazy to do this more than once a year, so I
wrote Add/Remove Pro.
    Just run Add/Remove Pro and it will show you which links are bad.  Press
the Remove Entry button to
remove the entry.  If you would like to uninstall a program, press the
Uninstall Program button.