[access-uk] Re: converting aa files to mp3

  • From: "john coley" <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 23:54:58 +0100

Hi Jim, you may find your answer on here
http://www.chuckegg.com/how-can-i-convert-audiblecom-aa-files-to-mp3-audio-files/

Apparently the Audible aa format is a proprietory format, similar to DRM. From what I gather from what I've read while checking this out several programmes used to be able to convert them, but Audible sued the manufacturers of the programmes and they had to alter the software. According to the page I've given you the link to it's possible to do using Goldwave, but it's a bit of a performance.
 Best of luck with it,
                   John.

----- Original Message ----- From: "jim mcauslan" <jim.mcauslan@xxxxxxx>