[access-uk] Re: chip & pin banking

  • From: "Ankers, Dave \(UK\)" <Dave.Ankers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 10:52:08 +0100

What is really needed is a security fob that is like a memory stick and
simply plugs into a USB port and reads the code.  This will still be
secure as pin code and username plus password will still be required.
My employer uses the security fob to enable employees working from home
to access the companies network.  I am currently investigating whether
or not a USB security fob is available.  If there is then I can see no
reason why a bank could not provide its VIP customers with one.  I will
keep you informed.
=20
Dave

Hello Derek,

Thanks for posting this.  My main concern is how accessible these
devices will be, especially for those of us who cannot see a display
screen.  How will we know what numbers to key in to complete the
transaction?

Best wishes,

Clive Pallett

** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=3Dunsubscribe]