[access-uk] Re: brailling of cookers

  • From: "John Wilson" <j.wilson07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 00:49:46 +0100

John,

I've just acquired a new Beko electric cooker and it is very
easy to use. I don't even have to mark the knobs. It is easy
to estimate where you are and it clicks every time you get
to a new heat setting, there being six settings per ring.
Whenever I have had to mark these sorts of things in the
past, I have used bumpons and they work fine. You just need
to get someone who can see to stick them exactly where they
should go around  a cooker knob which turns without any
clicks as you go. You can remember the various temperature
settings after a short while of use.

BFN,
John.