[access-uk] Re: braille eddge

  • From: john gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 11:26:37 +0000

hi jackie well i have read the most up to date u 2 mini manual and i have
downloaded the generic jaws driver. now i can connect with the pc and use
braille but when i try to say edit a word doc i cannot seem to get the keyboard
on the sense to type in to the word doc on the pc must look at the jaws setings
now but at least i'm getting there. what's happened though after installing and
using braille is that on the sense it has knocked my email settings to 0 so
good job i can remember all the plusnet email setings. certainly for braille
devices it is not easy.

so my big question is say i purchase something like the esys would i be able to
type in to a word doc if not it's a lot of money to spend and not to be able to
do these things.

From: john gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, 4 December 2015 16.36
Subject: [access-uk] braille eddge

hi list
ian that's interesting i thought with the last updates it should pair i am
going to have a look at this very old pacmate i have to see if i can
connect it to my pc via usb whatever i try i cannot do this with nvda jaws
or window eyes using windows 7 using the u 2 mini i also thought with the
beatle they had solved the difficulty of pairing.

i do wonder with these divices is there a 30 day trial after you buy one of
them. with regards to the new braille pc it's a shame one cannot rent one
out when i was piano tuning the other day a dealer sold someone a piano on
a monthly basis where they pay so much for the piano per month. if and when
they have had enough of it they can give it back so long as it's in mint
condition. eventually when they have paid the whole price of the piano they
can keep it. trouble is with these braille devices you have to put the
money down though i do think if you're a member of the rnib you can pay in
installments. £4300 is a lot of money but if you could pay over a given
time it would not be so very bad.