[access-uk] Re: bluetooth on the pc

  • From: "Stephen " <stephen.tina@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 20:32:40 +0100

You might like to know that I’ve just had a frustrating weekend trying to
install a belkin Bluetooth keyboard onto my computer system.

However, after a very pleasant chat to their technical support team, it
transpires that there’s a problem with the installation of their software
and windows xp running service pack 2.

The solution is to go into the device manager page, delete the Bluetooth
driver supplied and locate an alternative driver on the installation disc
and use it instead.

You should find more information on their  uk website, which is
belkin.co.uk, go to support and look for a link which mentions late breaking
news, where you can download a pdf with instructions on how to complete the
driver change.

However, I can give no further details as I had a sighted person complete
the installation.

Finally, I can give the Bluetooth keyboard a poor to middle rating only as
although the range is at least 15 metres rather than the 10 metres claimed,
there is a 2 or 3 second delay in getting the computers attention when you
have stopped typing for a couple of minutes. However after re-establishing
the connection, the keyboard works with little delay between hitting the key
and it being announced by jaws.

HTH

Steve green