[access-uk] accessible mp3 recorder - any recommendations?

  • From: "Stephen Green" <stephen.tina@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 11:27:35 +0100

Hi All
Sorry to pose the perennial problem once again, but can I have recommendations
for the most suitable accessible MP3 recorder/player that would fit my
requirements most closely?

A couple of times a year I need to make recordings from different analogue
sources, all of which have a standard headphone or line outlet, so my first
requirement is for a player which can record to MP3 via a line in socket. the
quality needs to be good, but no more than 44.1 kHz, 16 bit at 128 kbps.

It would be nice if it recorded to an SD or CF card, otherwise a USB port would
be essential as I'd like it to play back standard MP3 files downloaded from my
computer, but at an increased speed, at least 50%.

As it would be used infrequently, it should ideally take ordinary alkaline
batteries, and maybe it could play back daisy audio books.

So what about the book courier or the new book port 2, or the edoral or the
milestone 311, or the Olympus ds50?

All advice would be gratefully received.

Steve Green