[access-uk] Re: accessible mp3 recorder - any recommendations?

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 15:47:11 +0100

Steve, you can illiminate the Olypus DS50 from your shoppinglist as it doesn't
do MP3 recording, just WMA.  Think it does playback MP3's though, but not sure.

The front runners for what you want might appear to be the Edirol R09 which,
although not accessible in the sense of voiced prompts, has been found to be
pretty usable.

In the accessable field, then something like the Bookport or Book Currier or the
Milestone is hwat you are after.  A useful place for discussion of this subject
is at:

http://www.hartgen.org/portable.html

HTH.

From Ray