[access-uk] Re: a skype question

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 21:54:27 -0000

Hi Adrian.

As I explained in my previous message, you can purchase Skype telephone adaptors which would link your existing Skype account and allow you to manage both landline and Skype calls on the same phone be it corded or cordless. There are some which require you to plug them in to the router, others which are wireless and which have the hardware built in to support Skype and which can connect wirelessly to your router, still others that can plug in to a computer running Skype via a USB connection, your choices are quite broad here. As you say you can also install a Skype app on your Wi-Fi enabled phone, be it Android, Apple, Nokia or Blackberry so its a question of choosing the right equipment for your exact setup. May I suggest you go to the Skype store online and seeing what they have, it'll be a good starting point for you and they can ship to anywhere in Europe most of the items they sell.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Adrien Collins
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2014 9:42 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: a skype question

Hi

Ok thanks for all this info, I know the phone service
between skype and my phone works, i.e. I can make calls from
my pc to phones, people can phone me from their phones and I
can receive the calls to either my pc or to my mobile, the
cost of the divert is 5.9 pence, it works fine, the only
problem I am experiencing is to find a way of using my
phones to make calls through skype, I am upstairs, the
router is downstairs, it isn't possible for me to plug the
landline straight into the router as my parents have their
phone for their satalite system plugged into the router,
they receive their calls via satellite. I was trying to find
an alternative way of achieving this. Thought about
installing skype on my mobiles but not sure what it will
cost me to use skype, plus I only have one wifi ready phone.
Maybe I will find this more complex than I want it to be.

Regards

Adrien