[access-uk] Re: Work Placement; being moved again, different PC set up

  • From: Frank Haslam <frank.haslam1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 20:26:44 +0100

Hi, Justin!

What I'd recommend you do is to make a zip folder of all the files you want
to burn onto the CDRW.  After transferring the zip archive to your
computer, make sure the Read Only attribute is unchecked.

Files with the read Only attribute can be used but could cause problems if
another program has to interact with them.

At 19:55 05/09/04, Justin R typed furiously:

>Hi FRank,
>
>erm...
>

> > Hi, Justin!
> >
> > If you know the following, sorry for bothering you.
> >
> > Make sure that any files you transfer from a >CDRW are minus the Read Only
> > attribute, otherwise you won't be able to use them.
>
>Oh, don't worry about bothering me frank <smile>.  by the look of this
>message you're definitely not teaching my grannie to suck eggs! <grin>.
>
>I don't entirely understand what you mean there . Does this mean that the
>read only files cannot be transferred from CD-RW once they've been burnt?
>
>I know that you can change the status of files from read only to Archive and
>hidden.  so, i'm thinking I'll have to look at each document's
>properties?... and make the necessary changes?
>
>JUstin
>

>** To leave the list, send a message to:-
>** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>** and in the Subject line type
>** unsubscribe
>** For other list commands such as vacation mode, send a message, to

Frank - blind as a bat and proud of it too.
frank.haslam1@xxxxxxxxxxxx