[access-uk] Re: Windows Media Player versus Real Player.

  • From: "James O'Dell" <jamesodell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 17:22:32 -0000

Hi

I suppose the main problems with mp3 are:
- Audio can easily be downloaded, whihc may cause coppyright issues
- Difficult to embed into web pages?
- To get the audio to stream rather than download, you have to use an m3u
playlist file and have the address of the mp3 file in there.

But the advantages are:
- Can be downloaded (possibly more useful for people with dial-up etc)
- Will play on virtually any media player including linux-based and more
accessible ones
- People have actually heard of it

James