[access-uk] Re: Windows Media Player 10 but in Arabic

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:50:45 +0100

Hi Andy,

I bet that's a relief to be back to English again!  (Smile)

Media Player 10 is quite new, so I imagine JAWS may not even
be scripted for it yet.  Perhaps you could ask on the
JAWS-UK list.

George.=20

Arabic=20
>=20
> Hi there George.
>=20
> Thanks for that bit of advice.  Didn't know of the other=20
> options in Add Remove Programmes.  Managed to uninstall
and=20
> install MP10 okay, though JAWS does not appear able to
read=20
> the pull-down menus.  Perhaps this has something to do
with=20
> me using High Contrast Number 2 in my display settings.=20
> Anyway, the language problem has been resolved.  Thanks
again.
>=20
> Best wishes.
>=20
> Andy from sunny Kilcreggan.
>=20
> Drop me a line at, andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Windows
> > XP Help list.
> >
> > Next time, make sure you select the correct language.
> >
> > By the way, this is the first version of Medial Player I
> > have actually liked.
> >
> > George.
> >
> > Windows Media Player 10
> > If you have installed Windows Media Player 10, you can
roll
> > back to
> > the version of the Player that was on your computer
before
> > installing
> > Windows Media Player 10.
> >
> > To roll back from Windows Media Player 10 to a previous
> > version, do
> > the following:
> >
> >   1. In Control Panel (Category View), click Add or
Remove
> > Programs.
> >   2. Click Remove a program, and then do one of the
> > following:
> >      If you are running Windows XP Service Pack 2,
select
> > the Show
> > updates check box (at the top of the list), click
Windows
> > Media Player
> > 10 (in the Windows Updates section), and then click
> > Change/Remove.
> >      - or -
> >      If you are running Windows XP Service Pack 1 or
> > earlier, click
> > Windows Media Player 10, and then click Change/Remove.
> > =3D20

Arabic=3D20

> > Hi all.
> >
> > Here is an odd one for you all.  I recently downloaded
> > Windows Media Player 10 and discovered today that it's
an
> > Arabic version.  As MP10 cannot be removed from your
> > computer once installed, I decided to visit Microsoft
and
> > download it again from a different source.  Well, I did
that
> > and launched the program only to discover that this one
is
> > in Arabic also.  Advise - in English - would be very
> > welcomed.  Thanks.
> >

> > Best wishes.
> >
> > Andy from sunny Kilcreggan.
> >
> > Drop me a line at, andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=3D20
> >
> > ** To leave the list, send a message to:-
> > ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > ** and in the Subject line type
> > ** unsubscribe
> > ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, send a
> > message, to
> > ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:-
faq

> > =3D0AThis Message has been scanned for viruses by McAfee
Groupshield.
> > ** To leave the list, send a message to:-
> > ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > ** and in the Subject line type
> > ** unsubscribe
> > ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, send a
message, to
> > ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:-
faq=20
>=20
> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, send a
message, to=20