[access-uk] Re: Which Digital TV To Buy

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 19:54:02 -0000

Alfred - I think it's true to say that all the Panasonic Viera 2012 range, come
with what they call Speech assistance. If you can get to a John Lewis, or
better still, a local Panasonic shop, you'll be able to have a play. I did
loads of research before buying my tx-l37e5. I guess it's worth keeping in mind
who will be watching with you, and if you want to record from your TV. You
might want to consider for example, getting the TVonics pvr, that is pretty
much fully accessible, including the EPG, and is a twin tuner machine, allowing
you to watch one thing while recording another. There's less need for a talking
TV if you have one of these, but I like the idea of having both options. I also
bought a Panasonic sound bar to go with my TV, as although it's sound is ok, a
sound bar makes a world of difference.

One thing you might like to do is take out a trial subscription with

www.which.co.uk

I think it costs just a pound for one month, after which you can cancel, if you
keep it going, I think they charge about £3.50 per month. They have some great
test results and reviews.

Hope that gets you started -

Andy