[access-uk] Re: Whereabouts of scanndisk/checkdisk in Windows 8?

  • From: Christopher Hallsworth <challsworth2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 10:37:04 +0100

1. Press Windows-e to open this PC.
2. Select your hard drive and press alt-enter to open its properties.
3. Press control-tab to navigate to the tools page.
4. Press the check now button.
Now this is real cool in Windows 8! If you press the Scan Disk button, it will run a check from within Windows. If errors are found it will somehow ask you to repair them on the next bootup. This is real cool because in Windows 7 it would request a reboot just for a simple check. You would have no way of knowing if errors were found and repaired. This is unless you uncheck the automatically fix file system errors check box.

Sent from my laptop

On 06/10/2014 10:26, John Wilson wrote:
Hello All,

I have had some OS or hard disk errors reported on my computer but for the life
of me I can't find where to run a hard disk scan and repair from in Windows 8.
Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Doing a search brings up nothing.

Thanks.
John.